Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sebastian in Hospital


At the pulmonology follow-up today (that would still be Thursday for me since I have yet to be to bed) the DR expressed concerns that the bacteria has done a number on the kid and now the word pneumonia is now being thrown around. They do not believe he has it per say , just at a super duper high risk for it.

Sebastian has now be admitted to hospital for IV steroids and antibiotics, they expect us to be here for at least the weekend.

He is not a happy little guy, this whole thing is very confusing and scary for him , the last time he was in the hospital was last November for a capping trial and that is a completely different ballgame. Despite it all he is trying his best to be a good boy - he is even keeping his hand off his IV site for the most part, with gentle reminders of " Only nurses touch the IV" , lol.

I will try my best to keep everyone updated, the internet connectivity is kinda hit and miss here.

Good night all !

1 comment:

grettawalters said...

Hey! I'm sorry to hear about Sebastian! Let me know if you need anything! If you get bored I'm the gossip magazine queen, so I can bring you some reading material! Hope he gets better soon!! I think steroids will do the trick..and pretty fast!